Thursday, April 27, 2006

my precious 'sweet love'...Kimberly Ann...











I was 18 when my little girl arrived. Her dad rec'd orders to go to Viet Nam several months before she was born (you may guess what year that may have been, ha!), Kim was approx 7-months old when he returned. I was living in New York with Kim's paternal grandparents, who opened up their hearts and thier home to us. Although I had good family & friends, I really longed for being able to settle into my very own place. I look back at that time now, and I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to share some time in NY with Kim and her extended family. (pictures - (1) Kim's 1st day home from the hospital and (2) Kim with her paternal grandparents (who both have since passed away))
- Kim, Donielle - thought you both would like to see these treasured photos - xoxo...

4 comments:

Kim Henkel said...

pulling at my heartstrings mom! Love those photos! Thanks for sharing them! xoxox

Donielle Wilkinson said...

That is such a precious picture of Nannie and Poppie with thier first grandchild, Kim :-) Thank you so much for sharing that picture (I think I may have seen it once before with my nannie's collection)...They will live on in our hearts forever, and they are very missed.

sue(nbryan) said...

Nancy - it is sooo good to hear from you. I am very happy that you commented on my blog, makes me smile! You are welcome here, always. I have enjoyed Donielle's visits & feel like I have a dear, new friend. Kim enjoys it all tooo! We are fortunate to have such thoughtful, caring daughters. And Justin is just ADORABLE! You must be sooo proud! Please please please keep in touch...I "love" hearing from everyone...you will ALWAYS have a special place in my heart and Kim's tooo...love, Sue xo...

sue(nbryan) said...

dear Carrie, I understand your missing your grandparents. It is sooo sad to see our loved ones go. there is no one, nothing that can replace them. but we have to do what we have to do and keep moving forward & enjoy what we have now. the memories will always be there, thank goodness. you are a very compassionate gal. Sue xo...
PS I deeply miss my dad too & it's still very hard for me to believe that he is not here anymore...I wish he were...& he would be amazaingly proud of his grandson who is in the military...xo